6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 T. butter
2 T. olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste
2 cloves garlic, pressed
1/2 C. chopped onion
1 C. white wine
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper
- Heat butter and oil in skillet, add chicken
- Cook until golden brown, about 5-6 min per side
- Remove chicken from skillet, keep warm
- Add garlic and onion to juices in the skillet and fry for one minute
- Add the wine to the skillet to deglaze the pan. Cook for 2 minutes, then return chicken to pan
- Cook for 8-9 minutes longer, uncovered. Serve immediately.
*For bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts, fry chicken for about 25 minutes, turning often. Follow the remaining instructions.
recipe compiled by Jacki Wolfe