1 package devil's food cake mix
4 squares Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate
1/4 C. butter, cut up
1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1/2 C. sugar
2 C. Cool Whip, thawed
12 Oreo Cookies, coarsely crushed
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, making 2 9-in. layers
- Cool in pan 5 min., then invert onto wire rack. Cool completely
- For glaze: melt chocolate in microwave, blend in butter. Set aside to slightly thicken, about 5 min.
- For filling: Beat cream cheese and sugar on medium speed until well blended. Gently stir in Cool Whip and cookies.
- Place one cake layer, top side down, on cake plate. Spread with filling, gently place other cake layer on top; top-side up. Spoon glaze to cover the top of the cake only.
- Makes 16 servings, 1 slice each