Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 15 min
1# pork tenderloin, cut into 1" slices
Seasoned flour (S&P)
2 Tbl. butter, divided
2 tsp. canola or olive oil
2 green onions, sliced (coin shape), white and green parts separated
1/3 cup white wine or dry vermouth
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tsp. Dijon mustard - or more to taste
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to low, about 170 degrees.
- Pound pork medallions to 1/2" thick.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter and 2 tsp. oil over medium high heat.
- Dredge pork in seasoned flour. Add all at once to pan and saute 2 minutes per side. Remove to a plate and hold in the oven while finishing the sauce. (pork will be a bit underdone but will finish in the oven.)
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon butter to pan.
- Add white part of onion, saute for 1 minute.
- Add wine or vermouth, simmer until reduced to about 3 tablespoons.
- Add cream, simmer 2 - 3 minutes until thickened.*
- Stir in Dijon, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon sauce over pork, garnish with green part of onion.