1 c. low-fat ricotta cheese
1 package (10 oz) thawed spinach OR 10 oz. cooked ground beef, lean
1 large egg white
1/2 t. basil
1/2 t. oregano
1/4 t. garlic herb seasoning
1/4 t. nutmeg
1/4 t. salt
1/4 t. black pepper
1/4 c. shredded mozzarella cheese made with 2% milk
1/4 c. grated parmesan cheese
6 lasagna noodles, cooked according to package directions
1 can (15 oz.) spaghetti sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- For spinach rolls, squeeze moisture from thawed spinach
- In a bowl, mix together ricotta, egg white, basil, oregano, garlic herb seasoning, nutmeg, salt, pepper, half the mozzarella, and half the parmesan cheese. Add the beef or spinach.
- Lay each noodle on waxed paper. Dividing equally, spread filling down length of noodle. Roll up each noodle.
- Spread one-third of sauce over bottom of a shallow, rectangular baking dish. Place each roll-up, seam-side down, in dish. Spoon remaining sauce over roll-ups.
- Tent dish with aluminum foil
- Bake 35 minutes. Remove foil, sprinkle remaining cheese over rolls. Bake uncovered for 5 minutes more.
- Serves 6