3 cups fresh peaches, sliced
6 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup pecans, finely chopped (I left this out)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place peaches and sugar in blender or food processor container. Process until pureed. Mixture should yield about 2 1/4 cups.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; set aside.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups sugar and shortening. Cream well. Add eggs and mix well.
- Add peach puree and dry ingredients; mix until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Stir in nuts and vanilla extract.
- Spoon batter into 2 well greased 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until done.
- Cool for 10 minutes in pan. Turn out on rack and let cool completely.