2 lb. beef chuck roast, cut into 3 inch cubes
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
2 Tbsp oil, divided1 jar red chile sauce (15 oz. or more)
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Season the beef with salt and pepper.
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat bring 1 Tbsp oil up to temp. Brown half of the beef on all sides, about 1 minute per side.
- Remove from pan, add 1 Tbsp of oil if needed and brown other half of beef the same way.-Return first batch of beef, with juices, to the pan and cover with red chile sauce. Cover dutch oven with heavy duty tinfoil and then lid.
- Place in the oven and cook until beef is tender and can easily be pulled apart with a fork, about 4 hours.
- Transfer the beef to a bowl, cover loosely with aluminum foil and let stand for 20 minutes.-Reserve the sauce and let cool.
- Shred the beef with two forks or a knife. Skim fat off the sauce, then stir about 1 cup or more back into the beef.
- Serve with warmed tortillas, and all the fixins.